Mea Culpa!

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Hi Guys!!Welcome to my world of literary expressions. A bit about me first - I am a researcher by profession, an observer by design and an author by choice. I have various interests of which I find human behavior the most interesting.There are many things (small and big) that I come across as a result of meeting and speaking to various people. I call them, the 'flavor of life'. This blog is my way of penning down my experiences with life, on a variety of subjects. This blog is in no way meant to be a great literary piece...This is just a vent to my observations and experiences. Happy Reading!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Lock Down - Day 7 of losing my mind!

March 31st, 2020

So, today is Day 7 of the twenty day lock down period in India. For the uninitiated (really?), this is on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.

It has taken me a criminally long time to restart this blog. I was not an avid blogger by any stretch of imagination. Netflix and Amazon Prime had gotten the better of  my writing habit. Lately, I have been a bit jittery. Have started a fair amount of series, but have left all of them half way.

Better late than never, I guess!

Coming back to the lock down. Mundane life, as I knew it, has come to a stop. By that I mean, no going to work, no complaints about traffic, dust, heat, general lack of common sense, et al. The normal has changed. THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL. I have always been an outdoorsy type - not adventure sort and all. Just outdoor - walking, having tea at the local tea shop, etc. Prolonged stretches of being at home, in any case, was difficult for me. However, this present stage, is a whole new level of difficult.

I have been reading a lot on social media about how this situation has given us an opportunity to re-connect, to enjoy being at home and the good stuff. Wish, I could feel like that. My hunch, once this is all over, we will go back to our old ways. Of traffic snarls, of complaining about the heat and the dust, of wishing to stay back at home, etc. Don't get me wrong - I am thankful that I have a home, my loved ones are safe, etc. Guess, my point is there is something called as too much of a good thing.

Work has been normal. I have been reading a bit. Have been eating a fair bit - home food. Have not had a drink for over a month now. Wish I could say the same about smoking!

My house is in a state of flux. The interior work got completed on March 21st. And then the lock down started. So, as of now, my house is nothing but 4 walls, a ceiling, a functional kitchen and a few wardrobes. Don't know when we will be able to move to our house.

And by the way, for someone who smokes a pack a day, I am running out of cigarettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment